It’s that time of year again. The leaves are changing color, the days are getting shorter, and people are starting to break out their winter sweaters. But before they start bundling up in hats and coats, homeowners need to make sure their HVAC systems are ready for the season ahead.
While most people are looking for ways to escape the cold weather, homeowners must prepare their HVAC systems before winter hits. A poorly maintained system can lead to various problems with your home, including damage and energy loss.
What Are The Risks Of A Poorly Maintained HVAC System?
The most common problems that come from poor maintenance on your system are:
- Dirty coils = high energy bills: If your system is dirty, it may have trouble cooling or heating your home properly. This means that you are using more electricity and paying higher monthly rates for repairs and maintenance.
- Frequent breakdowns in extreme temperatures due to temperature fluctuations. A system that is not properly balanced may break down when faced with extreme temperatures in the summer or winter.
- Mold and mildew growth from condensation on the coils. This can be a serious health hazard for you and your family, as well as damaging to your home.
Tips To Run Your HVAC Unit Smoothly
There are a few key things you should do before winter sets in to ensure your system is working properly:
- Inspect the ducts for any leaks or cracks that could lead to heat loss. This is especially important if you have had previous issues with leaks in this area of your home.
- Ensure all registers are clear and clean so air can properly flow through them. If there are still leaves around, rake before winter hits, so they don’t block the registers and cause your system to work harder.
- Replace or clean your air filters every month, especially if you have pets. A dirty filter can decrease the efficiency of your system and lead to increased energy bills.
- Schedule a yearly tune-up with a qualified technician to ensure all components are working properly and there are no signs of wear and tear.
Get Your HVAC System Tuned-Up By Professionals
If you are concerned that your HVAC system may not be in the best condition, it is important to have it inspected by a professional.
We want to be your go-to company in Tucson for all of your HVAC needs. Whether you need a new system, repairs, or maintenance services, we’ve got it covered. Our team will get the job done right from residential customers to commercial businesses and everything in between.
Have any questions about what our experts have to offer? Get in touch with us today.
GET A QUOTE NOW!